Apalachee Bay Layout Hunt
- $225 per person for a morning OR afternoon hunt (2 hunter minimum or $450 for lone hunter)
- $400 per person for a full day hunt (morning & afternoon of the same day; 2 hunter minimum or $800 for lone hunter)
- Booking Information: a $225 deposit is required for groups of 4 or less, $450 for groups of 5 to 7, and $675 for groups 8+ (8 person minimum to book the entire Eastpoint Lodge, call or text Capt. Chris for available lodging dates).
- **CLICK HERE FOR AVAILABLE DATES AND BOOKING DEPOSIT**
- $100 for non-hunters (spectators)
- $75/night per person for lodging at our Eastpoint Lodge: lodge can accommodate up to 11 hunters (8 person minimum to book the entire Eastpoint Lodge), call or text Capt. Chris for booking info 850-251-8650
- Everyone participating in the duck hunt must sign our Liability Waiver
- Common tipping rate is 20-25%
- Williamson Outfitters also accepts payments thru Venmo, search @Capt-Chris-Williamson
Layout hunting is a very exciting & unique way to experience waterfowl “up close & personal”! We use a custom built, two-man layout boat made by Layout Addictions in Wisconsin (where hunting divers & sea ducks in the Great Lakes can only be done from a layout!). Our custom “Ghost-2 Man” layout boat is approximately 10’8” long by 75” wide, has a weight capacity of over 500 lbs, is super buoyant even in choppy waters, and has a super low profile coupled with a custom paint job that makes you “disappear” on the open water! Ducks will decoy right in your lap, completely unaware. We utilize a tender boat that stands by at a safe distance and communicates with the layout hunters via handheld VHS radio so when birds get knocked down the tender boat will fetch them up!
Our layout hunts are done in Apalachee Bay which boasts massive populations of divers & sea ducks like buffleheads, redheads, and bluebills.
What to bring:
Waders (or rubber boots if you do not own waders) and camo clothing for both cool and warm weather
Steel Shot (Sizes #2, #3, and #4 are the best shells for Florida)
12 or 20 gauge shotgun with a modified or full choke
Anyone 16 years old or older MUST have all 4 of the following to duck hunt in Florida:
- Florida hunting license
- Florida waterfowl permit
- Florida migratory permit (HIP)
- Federal Duck Stamp
- Our experienced & professional guides will help you every step of the way to ensure you have a safe & memorable hunting experience!