- Guide: Capt. Chris Williamson - Pathfinder 2500
- Guide: Capt. Brice Williamson - Blackjack 224
- July & August are best months for mahi in our area
- 4 person max
- 6 hour nearshore fishing charter in Florida state waters (within 9 miles of shore)
- Includes fishing license, all fishing gear & bait
- USCG Licensed Captain & Guide
- Lodging available at our Eastpoint Lodge: lodge can accommodate up to 11 people, call or text Capt. Chris for booking info 850-251-8650
- note: Williamson Outfitters also accepts payments thru Venmo, search @Capt-Chris-Williamson
Mahi mahi are fast-growing fish that live no more than five years. They can reach speeds of up to 50 knots and light up like a neon sign when on the run. You'll find them lurking beneath weed lines or any floating debris that will hold bait. It is not uncommon for light-tackle anglers to catch dozens of the smaller “chicken dolphin” or “schoolies”.
Mahi mahi is a favorite of many anglers because visually speaking you won’t find a prettier fish in the Gulf of Mexico and because they make great table fare! These fish, with their electric hues of blue, yellow and green, are like free-swimming neon signs. Their sense of camaraderie is even more intriguing. A social fish that travels in large schools, dolphin fish often refuse to leave a hooked companion. So a tried and proven trick is to leave a hooked dolphin fish in the water then toss baits to the other fish in the school.
What you should bring:
- Drinks & Food
- Cooler for your fish
- Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Dramamine if needed, however we will never be more than 9 miles from shore