Williamson Outfitters: Things to Know About Your Upcoming Duck Hunt with WO
Your hunt with Williamson Outfitters is right around the corner! Here are a few things to go over before you arrive:
- Everyone participating in the hunt must sign a digital waiver, please click on the following link:
- You should receive an invoice for your balance prior to your hunt via email or text. This invoice is based on your current booking info, therefore if there are any changes to your hunt (ie: additional hunters, additional hunts, etc) please contact Capt Chris 850-251-8650 to revise your bill.
- Balances are due at the end of your hunt with Williamson Outfitters. We accept all major credit cards, cash, Venmo, PayPal, & CashApp. No checks please. All balances to be paid directly to Capt Chris (cell 850-251-8650).
- Customary tipping for your guide is 20-25%, please pay tips in cash directly to your guide.
- WO Eastpoint Lodge address: 448 Ave A, Eastpoint FL 32328 (see parking map below for lodge)
- Everyone hunting must have all proper Florida/Federal permits & licenses: https://myfwc.com/hunting/waterfowl/hunt-guide/regulations/
- Anyone 16 years old or older MUST have all 4 of the following to duck hunt in Florida:
- Florida hunting license
- Florida waterfowl permit
- Florida migratory permit (HIP)
- Federal Duck Stamp
- Recommended shell size: 3” #2 non-toxic (12 or 20 gauge shotgun with modified or full chokes); have at least 1 to 2 boxes of shells per person per hunt. NO LEAD SHOT!!
- If you would like your ducks cleaned there is a “Duck Cleaning Fee” of $3.00 per duck. This is to be paid directly to your guide.
- We recommend everyone to bring waders to stay warm & dry.
- If you’re staying at the Eastpoint Lodge, Check-in time is anytime after 4pm and check-out is by 10am. Snack items will be available at the lodge however please make arrangements for your own meals as they will not be provided (there are several restaurants and grocery stores near the lodge; full kitchen also available at the lodge)
- If you’re not staying at the lodge we will text you the day before with instructions of time/place to meet your guide for your hunt.
- If you’re bringing your own duck dog we ask that you bring your kennel & have their shots/vaccines up to date (if your dog has any contagious illness or is prone to bite we ask that you please leave your dog at home). Dogs that are not house-trained are NOT allowed inside the lodge.
- Bag Limit - 6 ducks per person, including no more than 2 mallards (of which only 1 can be female), 4 sea ducks (of which no more than 3 may be scoters, long-tailed ducks, or eiders and no more than 1 may be a female eider), 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 black ducks, 2 canvasbacks, 1 pintail, 1 mottled duck (Florida duck) and 1 fulvous whistling-duck. 1 scaup from Nov. 19-27 and Dec. 10 – Jan. 9, 2 scaup from Jan. 10-29 and during Youth and Veteran/Military waterfowl hunt days.
- We strive hard to keep the lodge clean during duck season, please help us by taking your shoes/boots off at the door.
- World class taxidermy for your trophy birds is available through Marshall’s Taxidermy located just a couple miles from the lodge: $375 per duck for 12 month service or $475 per duck for 45 day service (delivery & shipping options are available), https://www.marshallstaxidermy.com/
- VERY IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that you will be hunting on public land. There are things out of our control: weather, tide, movement of waterfowl, and other hunters in the area. Our guides work extremely hard to keep all of our clients on birds and provide the best experience possible. So with that being said, patience and understanding may be required on your part.
- ZERO TOLERANCE for fighting, unsafe use of firearms, shooting at or killing protected wildlife, over limiting on ducks including shooting other hunter’s limits, illegal drug use, horseplay on boat while traveling, or anything else deemed illegal or unsafe. Our number one goal is always safety and providing a great experience! If you or anyone in your party disregards this policy your hunt will immediately end and you will still be responsible for paying the balance of your booking.
We are all looking forward to a fun, memorable, & safe hunting season! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to text or call me 850-251-8650 . Thank you!
Capt. Chris Williamson, owner