North Florida Mallard Shoots (BOOKING DEPOSIT)
North Florida Mallard Shoots (BOOKING DEPOSIT) is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Got a question? Contact Us
Got a question? Contact Us
Farm Raised Mallard Shoots and Gun Dog Training
**2 Person Minimum**
2023/2024 Farm Raised Mallard Shoots and Gun Dog Training Available Dates
- • November 1, 2023 to January 30, 2023
- • Mallard Shoots & Gun Dog Training: $450/person, 2 person minimum
- • Booking Deposit: $75/person; balance of $375/person due on day of shoot (pay balance at the farm)
- • Bag Limit: 4 mallards per person ($40 for each additional mallard)
- • License Requirements: none, no hunting license/permit necessary when shooting captive-reared mallards in Florida
- • Cleaning Fee: $3.50/duck
- • Taxidermy: $375/duck, by award winning taxidermist Chatham Marshall (additional $100 for 45 day service)
- • Mallard Farm Location: Jackson County, Florida
- • Personal gun dogs are welcome so bring your own dog with you to train!
Our mallard farm and gun dog training facility (located in northern Jackson County, FL) is situated on 210 acres of beautiful farmland surrounded by ancient live oaks, native red cedar, & tall southern pines. We raise over 1,000 mature North American mallards between two properly manicured ponds (13 acres & 5 acres). We have 6 total blinds stationed around the two ponds with each blind holding up to 6 people. Each blind is strategically placed around the ponds giving everyone ample opportunities to harvest ducks. From novice beginners to well seasoned shooters, everyone walks away with a fun & memorable experience!
We plant and maintain a variety of different crops to secure our mallards throughout the year so they never leave the farm. We are extremely conscientious about retrieving all mallards after being released so that they are not mixed into wild population. Ensuring a healthy wild duck population in Florida is our number one goal! The specific high-protein diet we offer our mallards ensures healthy birds with vibrant colors all year long. Our mallards not only make great table fare, but they also make great “wall hangers”!
The experience begins around 8:00am when everyone gathers for coffee, juice and pastries at the pavilion while going over details of the shoot and signing waivers. After everyone has had an opportunity to ask any questions that might arise, everyone is then escorted down to the ponds where they’re dropped off at one of six blinds with an experienced guide/dog trainer. We then release mallards from their pens to make their flights to the ponds. The ducks are callable and we encourage you to bring your duck call. These birds are strong flyers and can present a fun challenge! We welcome the use of your own hunt dog, or allow our highly trained retrievers fetch up your ducks. After adequate time is given to shoot your limit of 4 mallards per person*, the hunters will be escorted back to the hunt pavilion. There we will provide frozen breasted mallards from the previous shoot in exchange for the ones from your shoot ($3.50 for each duck), or you are welcome to take your birds back whole instead.
*$40 for each additional mallard after first four
Because we are a private mallard farm for the purpose of training retrievers for field trial, certain regulations do not apply to our hunts. Hunting licenses/permits are not required to shoot our birds, but are highly recommended in the event of accidental harvesting of a legal migratory waterfowl. Bag limits are controlled by the mallard farm owner. All of our captive-reared mallards are properly “marked” per Federal regulations (50CFR SS 21.13). The mallard farm owner has all necessary permits and licenses required to perform “simulated mallard hunts for the purpose of training field trial retrievers”. There is no specific season for shooting our mallards; they can be harvested all year round.
- • $450 per person (2 person minimum)
- • Booking Information: a $75 deposit is required per person; the remaining balance is to be paid at the farm.
- • $75/night per person for lodging at our Eastpoint Lodge: lodge can accommodate up to 11 people (8 person minimum to book the entire Eastpoint Lodge), call or text Capt. Chris for booking info 850-251-8650
- • Taxidermy available by award winning taxidermist Chatham Marshall: $375 per duck (add $100 for 45 day service)
- • Everyone participating in the mallard shoot must sign our Liability Waiver
- • Common tipping rate is 20-25%
- • Williamson Outfitters also accepts payments thru Venmo, search @Capt-Chris-Williamson
What to bring:
- • Waders or rubber boots, and comfortable camo clothing
- • Steel Shot (Sizes #2, #3, or #4); NO LEAD SHOT
- • 12 or 20 gauge shotgun with a modified or full choke
- • Cooler for your harvested mallards
Deposits are non-refundable, however if we must cancel your trip you will be given the option to reschedule or receive a refund. Cancellations due to weather will be at the discretion of Williamson Outfitters.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.